- Date: 11th November 2016
- Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
A&O are committed to being a place where a diverse group of people can be themselves and bring the best of themselves to their careers. Through creating an inclusive environment for everyone and working alongside organisations such as Aspiring Solicitors we are able to do this.
“We are delighted to be partnering with Aspiring Solicitors. At A&O we believe that diversity gives us a richer working environment and the business benefits are undeniable. Having a diverse workforce and ensuring that we are inclusive helps us to attract the best people, innovate and better understand and relate to our clients. Our partnership with Aspiring Solicitors will support us in engaging with a broad range of individuals and in turn support us in continuing to recruit high calibre talent”. Claire Wright, Graduate Recruitment Partner.
Allen & Overy is a pioneering legal practice operating around the world at the frontline of developing business. By helping companies, institutions and governments tackle ever-more complex issues and transactions on a global stage, it is leading the way and extending what is possible in law.
With 44 offices in 31 countries, plus a network of relationship firms in other locations, A&O is one of the few legal practices that can genuinely claim to be global, covering 99% of the world’s economy. You can find out more in our annual review here.
For the firm’s clients this means global reach and access to high-calibre, internationally minded local expertise. For trainees, it means exposure to multinational work, collaboration with colleagues from around the world and, in many cases, the opportunity to travel. In 2015, 73% of its transactional work involved two or more countries and 48% involved three or more.
The first Allen & Overy event with Aspiring Solicitors
Allen & Overy are looking for Aspiring Solicitors members to join them on Friday 11th November for an interactive open day to gain a deeper understanding of the role of a lawyer. Attendees will be given the opportunity to meet lawyers from across A&O’s different practice groups, ask lots of questions and take part in some hands on sessions where we hope you will learn some more about yourself, as well as
Friday 11th November 2016, 10am – 4pm
- 10:00 – 10:30am Welcome breakfast
- 10:30 – 11:30am Graduate Recruitment opportunities and application overview
- 11:30 – 12:30pm Skills Session
- 12:30 – 1:15pm Q&A with associates
- 1:15 – 2:00pm Lunch and networking opportunity with trainees and graduate recruitment
- 2:00 – 3:00pm Speed networking with Aspiring Solicitors Ambassadors
- 3:00 – 4:00pm Skills Session
- 4.00pm Close
Applicants must be:
- an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- a law or non-law aspiring solicitor;
- in any year of academic undergraduate or postgraduate studies;
- on track to achieve at least a 2:1 in your degree (excluding mitigating circumstances);
- interested in working for a leading international commercial law firm.
How to apply?
Applications for this event are now closed.
Allen & Overy will pay reasonable travel expenses to attend the event up to £150.
Places will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis upon review, so please apply promptly.