- Date: 18th March 2020
- Time: 2:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: Mayer Brown, London
Mayer Brown and Reed Smith will be co-hosting the fourth Aspiring Solicitors Annual Ability event, focussing on increasing awareness, understanding and confidence for aspiring solicitors with disabilities and long term health conditions.
The event will include participation from a range of law firms and lawyers from a cross section of private practice and in-house legal teams.
The deadline for applications is 6 February 2020.
2019 Ability Video
Check out the 2019 Ability Event video
- 13.45 – Arrival and Registration
- 14.10 – Mayer Brown, Reed Smith and Aspiring Solicitors Introductions
- 14.30 – Disabilities in the Application Process and in Practice
- 15.30 – Break and refreshments
- 15.50 – Mayer Brown and Reed Smith presentations
- 16.20 – Mental Health: This is Me
- 17.45 – Success Stories
- 18.15 – Closing speeches
- 18.20 – Networking and Canapés
- 19.30 – Finish
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- be in any year of study at undergraduate or post graduate education or be a graduate from university;
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm; and
- be on track to secure or have secured a 2:1 at degree level (excluding mitigating circumstances)
Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession and this event focuses on those who have disabilities and/or long term health conditions.
Here is what Reed Smith had to say about the event:
“We at Reed Smith very much share the objectives of AS Ability and we’re delighted to support the event. Diversity is key to the service we provide our clients. Our clients will not tolerate identikit lawyers that all think in the same way. We need our people to be diverse, dynamic, different and to be able to connect with our clients internationally. Diversity gives us the tools to provide our clients with a high quality service, but it is also what makes Reed Smith a really great place to work at for its people. Our aim is to foster an inclusive, meritocracy based culture of mutual respect whereby diversity is embraced and all individuals feel comfortable, can give their all and can achieve their true potential. A diverse, inclusive work force enriches our own working experience and makes Reed Smith a more enjoyable and stimulating place to work.”