- Date: 5th April 2018
- Time: 2:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: Reed Smith, London
Apply For This Event
Applications are now open for the Aspiring Solicitors third Annual Ability event, focussing on increasing awareness, understanding and confidence for aspiring solicitors with disabilities and long term health conditions.
The event will be hosted by Reed Smith but will include participation from a range of law firms and lawyers from a cross section of private practice and in-house legal teams.
The agenda below is packed full of useful, targeted and inspiring information/advice including.
– a panel discussion on disabilities and long term health conditions throughout the application process i.e. applications, interviews, assessment centres and vacation schemes
– a panel discussion on disabilities and long term health conditions as a practising in-house or private practice lawyer
– inspirational stories from lawyers with different disabilities, long term health conditions or mental health experiences
- – networking with legal professionals from Reed Smith and a number of other leading law firms and legal teams
2017 Ability Video
Check out the 2017 Ability Event video
To apply for this event you must:
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member;
- be in any year of study at undergraduate or post graduate education or be a graduate from university;
- want to pursue a legal career at an international commercial law firm; and
- be on track to secure or have secured a 2:1 at degree level (excluding mitigating circumstances)
Please note all AS events are for those who are from a group underrepresented in the legal profession and this event focuses on those who have disabilities and/or long term health conditions.
Here is what Reed Smith had to say about the event:
“We at Reed Smith very much share the objectives of AS Ability and we’re delighted to support the event. Diversity is key to the service we provide our clients. Our clients will not tolerate identikit lawyers that all think in the same way. We need our people to be diverse, dynamic, different and to be able to connect with our clients internationally. Diversity gives us the tools to provide our clients with a high quality service, but it is also what makes Reed Smith a really great place to work at for its people. Our aim is to foster an inclusive, meritocracy based culture of mutual respect whereby diversity is embraced and all individuals feel comfortable, can give their all and can achieve their true potential. A diverse, inclusive work force enriches our own working experience and makes Reed Smith a more enjoyable and stimulating place to work.”
- Deadline for applications is 4 pm on 1 March 2017 and places will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
- No late applications will be accepted;
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed;
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and offers made after that date; and
- All those who applied will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.