AS First is a unique way to develop your employability skills and confidence.
Register your interest for AS First 2019
AS First is an exciting programme open to Aspiring Solicitors members across the UK and will ensure our members build the knowledge and confidence to to kickstart their legal career.
The programme is designed and delivered by our employability experts and future trainees who have recently successfully navigated the legal recruitment process. Participants in AS First will benefit from Aspiring Solicitors employability workshops and one-to-one mentoring/coaching.
We will hold workshops across the country. The workshops will focus on:
- Understanding the different types of law firms;
- Opportunities available;
- CV workshop;
- Assessed group exercise (with feedback);
- Information on psychometric testing; and
- Video interview workshop.
Following attendance at the workshop, attendees will submit a video interview and will have a phone call with one of the AS team, at which they are given feedback on their group exercise and video interview.
The highest scoring interviewees will then receive an additional career coaching session on a one-to-one basis.
When is the programme
The 2019 programme will run from February to April 2019. Workshop dates and locations will be provided at a later stage.
To apply for this programme you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member who is in their first year of an undergraduate Law degree, or second year of an undergraduate non-Law degree in the academic year 2018/2019 (i.e. from September 2018); and
- Want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm; and
- Submit your CV
- You must be an Aspiring Solicitors member from one of our four underrepresented groups;
- You must not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team; and
- You must have an interest in pursuing a legal career at a commercial law firm.
- Please register your interest for the 2019 programme to receive more information in due course.