Applications for the AS/Trinity mentoring scheme 2021 are now closed.
Aspiring Solicitors, in partnership with Trinity International LPP, are launching a mentoring scheme to selected Aspiring Solicitors Members. This superb opportunity will provide participants benefit of receiving mentoring from lawyers at the firm, through one-to-one sessions covering a range of topics as well as group sessions addressing interview tips, presentation skills and managing an application process.
The scheme will begin on 15 February and is open to all undergraduate law students and final year non-law students.
Should you secure a place, you’ll benefit from interactions with mentors practising in several areas.
To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now!’ button at the top or bottom of this page.
To be eligible for this mentoring scheme you must be an Aspiring Solicitors member from an “underrepresented group” within the legal profession either:
- Black, Asian or ethnic minority; and/or
- LGBTQ+; and/or
- have a disability or long-term health condition; and/or
- are socially mobile i.e.
– have attended a non-selective state school
– be from a low-income background (combined parental salary below £20,000 per annum)
– be the first generation in your family to attend university Received free school meals due to financial hardship 3+ months in local authority care;
- be a current second year, penultimate year or final year law undergraduate student or final year non-law undergraduate student (not GDL or LPC);
- have secured ABB at A-levels and be on track to receiving (or have secured) a 2.1 university degree classification (excluding significant mitigating circumstances);
- have a strong interest in becoming a commercial lawyer ad emerging markets;
- not have previously participated in a Trinity International LLP work placement, insight day or training contract interview; and
- not have secured a training contract.
The Mentoring Scheme will be delivered virtually.
Deadline to apply is 29 January 2021.