AS Aspire is a market leading programme that will increase the chances of securing a training contract. Apply today!
Apply for AS Aspire
Applications for AS First are now closed for 2020. Please register your interest for AS Aspire (applications closing July 2020) if you are currently a first year law student or penultimate year non-law student.
AS First is an exciting programme open to Aspiring Solicitors members across the UK and will ensure our members build the knowledge and confidence to kickstart their legal career.
The programme is designed and delivered by our employability experts and future trainees who have recently successfully navigated the legal recruitment process. Participants in AS First will benefit from Aspiring Solicitors employability conferences, workshops and one-to-one mentoring/coaching.
We will hold conferences across the country. The conferences will focus on:
- Essential information you need to master to succeed with law firm applications;
- Events with our partner law firms from February-April 2020;
- Legal work experience with our corporate partners; and
- A fast track onto our unique AS Aspire mentoring scheme!
When is the programme?
6 February 2020 – London 5pm-7pm
7 February 2020 – London 4pm-6pm (now full)
11 February 2020 – Manchester 1pm-4pm (now full)
13 February 2020 – Birmingham 5pm-7pm (now full)
14 February 2020 – Bristol 11am-2pm
14 February 2020 – London 5pm-7pm (now full)
To apply for this programme you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member who is either (i) in their first year of a three year undergraduate Law degree (ii) in their second year of a four year undergraduate Law degree, or (iii) in their penultimate year of a non-law degree;
- Want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm;
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member from one of our four underrepresented groups;
- You must not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team; and
- You must have an interest in pursuing a legal career at a commercial law firm.