Applications for AS First 2021 are now closed. Registrations of interest for the next AS coaching programme AS Aspire 2021 will open shortly.
AS First is an exciting programme open to Aspiring Solicitors members across the UK and will ensure our members build the knowledge and confidence to kickstart their legal career.
The programme is designed and delivered by our employability experts and future trainees who have recently successfully navigated the legal recruitment process. Participants in AS First will benefit from Aspiring Solicitors employability conferences, workshops and one-to-one mentoring/coaching.
We will hold virtual conferences that focus on:
- Essential information you need to master to succeed with law firm applications;
- Events with our partner law firms from February-April 2021;
- Legal work experience with our corporate partners; and
- A fast track onto our unique AS Aspire mentoring scheme!
When is the programme?
To apply for this programme you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member who is either (i) in their first year of a three year undergraduate Law degree (ii) in their second year of a four year undergraduate Law degree, or (iii) in their penultimate year of a non-law degree;
- Want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm;
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member from one of our four underrepresented groups;
- You must not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team; and
- You must have an interest in pursuing a legal career at a commercial law firm.