Applications for AS Aspire 2019/20 are now closed.
Aspire 2019 is a 5-month programme for selected Aspiring Solicitors members which will include the opportunity to attend bespoke AS events and careers coaching from our expert legal employability team. Aspire opportunities include the chance to benefit from career strategy sessions, mock interviews, CV and application review and assessment centre preparation, as well as the opportunity to attend specific open days and be mentored by one of our partner law firms or legal teams. Barclays Legal, Bristows, Freshfields, Mayer Brown, Reed Smith and Dentons (amongst others) will be providing mentoring opportunities for Aspire members.
Only AS Aspire members will be eligible for our coaching and mentoring programmes, some of our work experience programmes and the majority of open days. Eligibility for employability appointments (including coaching appointments) will be decided on a case by case basis by the AS team.
Who can apply for AS Aspire 2019?
- You must be an Aspiring Solicitors member from one of our four underrepresented groups;
- You must not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team;
- You must be eligible to apply for a training contract in the 2020/21 academic year. This means you will need to be one of: a penultimate and final year Law undergraduate, a final year non-Law undergraduate, a graduate of any degree, a postgraduate student (including GDL/LPC/LLM or other post graduate degrees), a career changer or someone who has completed a degree and is working.) Anyone who will be in their first year of a Law degree or first/second year of a non-Law degree in 2019/2020 can apply to be on AS First.
- You must have an interest in pursuing a legal career in the UK or Ireland;
- You must be resident in the UK or Ireland in the academic year 2019/2020;
- You must have received ABB at A Level (or the international equivalent) (please note we genuinely take into account mitigating circumstances); and
- You must have received or be on target for at least a 2.1 degree classification (please note we take into account mitigating circumstances).
What is the application process?
- The application window is now open and will close at 8 am on 1 July 2019. No late applications will be accepted, for any reason (including technological issues).
Stage One – Register your interest and personal details: submit a short form registering your interest for Aspire including your personal details.
Stage Two – Application form and confirmation of first year grades: in July 2019, all applicants will be sent the Aspire application form which will need to be completed before 1 August 2019. All applicants will need to confirm their first year grades across all modules at the time of applying.
Stage Three – Interviews: in July/August 2019, applicants will be sent an email to let them know whether they have been invited to interview or not. Details of the interviews will be provided in the above-mentioned email. Top scoring performers at interview will be invited to join Aspire. The programme will begin in September 2019.
Any queries should be sent to email@example.com
What will you still offer members who aren’t eligible for AS Aspire, or who aren’t accepted?
All Aspiring Solicitors members from one of our main underrepresented groups will be able to apply for the law firm events, Commercial Awareness Competition, Barclays Legal Work Experience, our Flagship events (AS Ability, Culture, Social Mobility, Pride and Working Families), HeadStart Workshops and reach out to our Professional Ambassadors.