Barclays Legal Experience Weeks (BLEW) 2017
We are delighted to announce the opening of the Barclays Legal Experience Weeks (BLEW) 2017 application process. Information on the programme for this year and the application process is outlined below.
BLEW is an opportunity to join Barclays’ legal teams for a week of unique insight into the working of an in-house legal function and how it supports a world leading financial institution. The programme delivers structured sessions over five days including work shadowing, workshops and networking opportunities. Each week is currently expected to be structured to include:
- Introduction to Barclays Legal including panel session with keynote legal speakers.
- Employability skills and networking sessions
- Work shadowing in the Barclays Legal Function.
When are the schemes?
Weeks commencing 4 and 11 September 2017
Both weeks will be based from Barclays Global Headquarters in Canary Wharf, although there may be visits to other sites in London. You will be notified at the beginning of each week if your work shadowing is at another site in Canary Wharf.
- All undergraduates from all years are welcome to apply, as are graduates and career changers.
- You must have an interest in pursuing a legal career;
- You must have received or be on target for at least a 2.1 degree classification (excluding mitigating circumstances).
- Anyone who has attended BLEW in a previous year is not eligible to apply.
The application window is open from 27 April and will close at midday on Wednesday 17 May.
- Stage One: you will be required to complete and submit a short eligibility and application form. Please find the link to the form HERE Please note that no late applications will be accepted, for any reason (including technology issues).
- Stage Two: After 17 May, all applicants will then be invited by email to complete online psychometric testing, which you will need to complete within a certain timeframe (this will be made clear in the email). There will be a strict deadline to complete this so please ensure you check your email folder (including junk email). You must make sure you give yourself time to complete the online testing in advance of this deadline therefore please don’t leave your application to the last minute! All applicants will receive automated feedback by email after completing these tests.
- Stage Three: the top scoring performers in the online testing will be invited to participate in a video interview.
Please note that this is CV blind.
Outcome of application process
If you are successful after Stage Three, you will be offered a place on the BLEW scheme and will be emailed. If you are not successful at any stage, you will be notified by email.
The BLEW weeks are unpaid work experience, however, for those travelling from outside of London, Barclays will contribute to your travel costs up to a maximum contribution of £150. Further details will be provided in your BLEW confirmation letter if you are successful.
If, after reading the above, you have any questions regarding the application process, please email us at email@example.com If you have any queries about BLEW that do not relate to the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org