- Date: The Scheme will take place on arranged dates from June-July 2022
Aspiring Solicitors is delighted to be partnering with Bank of America (BoA) and BCLP to deliver a mentoring scheme to 20 Aspiring Solicitors members. The scheme will run from 13 June until 25 July 2022 and will be open to both law and non-law students (please see the eligibility criteria below). Please note this is not a full time role – mentor and mentee sessions will be organised with your mentor at a mutually convenient time.
Participants on the scheme will benefit from the invaluable opportunity of receiving mentoring from both in-house and private practice lawyers from BoA and BCLP, through one-to-one sessions covering a range of topics including commercial awareness, personal branding, presentation skills and the relationship between lawyers at private practice law firms and in house organisations.
- You must be an Aspiring Solicitors member from an underrepresented group
- You must have secured ABB at A Level and have secured or be on course for a 2:1 degree (mitigating circumstances will be considered);
- You must be an undergraduate (law or non law), graduate or postgraduate (this includes GDL and LPC);
- You must have a strong interest in becoming a commercial lawyer;
- You must not have already secured a training contract; and
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
The deadline to apply is 5pm Sunday 24 April 2022.