- Date: The Scheme will take place on arranged dates from June-August 2022
Aspiring Solicitors is delighted to be partnering with HSBC and Baker McKenzie to deliver a mentoring scheme to 20-30 socially mobile Aspiring Solicitors members. The scheme will run from 27 June until 5 August 2022 and will be open to both law and non-law students (please see the eligibility criteria below).
Please note this is not a full time role – mentor and mentee sessions will be organised with your mentor at a mutually convenient time.
Participants on the scheme will benefit from the invaluable opportunity of receiving mentoring from both in-house and private practice lawyers from HSBC and Baker McKenzie, through one-to-one sessions covering a range of topics including commercial awareness, dispute resolution, personal branding, presentation skills and the relationship between lawyers at private practice law firms and in house organisations.
- You must be a socially mobile Aspiring Solicitors member;
- You must have secured or be on course for a 2:1 degree (mitigating circumstances will be considered);
- Be a second year or final law undergraduate student, final year non-law student, graduate or postgraduate (this includes GDL and LPC);
- Have a strong interest in becoming a commercial lawyer and particularly dispute resolution;
- You must not have already secured a training contract; and
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
The deadline to apply is 5pm Sunday 15 May 2022.