We are proud to launch The Aspiring Solicitors Disability Scholarship for aspiring solicitors with a disability or long-term health condition in any year of study or graduates.
The Aspiring Solicitors Disability Scholarship was inspired by Rob Camm, AS Alumni and Trainee Solicitor at a leading UK law firm. Rob completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Bristol and believes Aspiring Solicitors played an instrumental role in helping him to secure his Training Contract.
The Aspiring Solicitors Disability Scholarship will provide financial support, careers advice and legal work experience to ensure aspiring solicitors with a disability or long-term health condition have the best possible start to their legal careers.
What does the scholarship entail?
- The monetary value of up to £3,000 in the form of a voucher, to be used on smart business wear of the recipient’s choosing;
- A place on the AS First AND AS Aspire coaching schemes 2020;
- Lunch/mentoring with Rob Camm, AS Alumni and Trainee Solicitor at a UK law firm, to discuss a career in law. This will take place during one of the university holiday periods (Winter or Easter); and
- A place on the ‘Barclays Legal Work Experience Weeks’ programme 2020.
Who is eligible?
- Aspiring Solicitors members with a disability or long term health condition in any year of study or graduates.
What’s the process?
All AS members will need to complete an application form by 31 December 2019. A shortlist will be generated based on the answers to the form and interviews will take in January 2020. The winner of the Scholarship will be announced w/c 20 January 2020.