Utilise the Aspiring Solicitors Disability Scholarship
Applications for the Aspiring Solicitors Disability Scholarship 2020 are now closed. However, if you are eligible for the 2021 Scholarship, please apply via the new application form. Recipients of the 2020 Scholarship will be contacted by 30 January 2020.
The Aspiring Solicitors Disability Scholarship 2021 is for aspiring solicitors with a disability in any year of academic undergraduate or postgraduate study.
The Aspiring Solicitors Disability Scholarship was inspired by Rob Camm, AS Alumnus and Trainee Solicitor at a leading UK law firm. Rob completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Bristol and believes Aspiring Solicitors played an instrumental role in helping him to secure his Training Contract.
The Aspiring Solicitors Disability Scholarship will provide financial support, careers advice and legal work experience to ensure aspiring solicitors with a disability or long-term health condition have the best possible start to their legal careers.
What does the scholarship entail?
- Provision of clothing, laptops and or other necessary items up to the value of £3,000 (as decided on a case by case basis) in collaboration with the AS Foundation;
- A place on the AS First AND/OR AS Aspire coaching schemes 2021;
- Lunch/mentoring with Rob Camm, AS Alumnus and Trainee Solicitor at a UK law firm, to discuss a career in law. This will take place during one of the university holiday periods (Winter or Easter); and
- A place on the ‘Barclays Legal Work Experience Weeks’ programme 2021.
Who is eligible?
- Aspiring Solicitors members with a disability or long term health condition in any year of undergraduate/postgraduate academic study.
What’s the process?
- All AS members will need to complete an application form by 31 December 2020. A shortlist will be generated based on the answers to the form and interviews will take in January 2021. The winner of the Scholarship will be announced w/c 20 January 2021.