AS First is a market leading programme that will increase the chances of securing a training contract. Apply today!
- Date:January 2022
AS First is a competitive coaching programme for high achieving first year members sharing bespoke employability advice on maximising your first year university experience to kickstart a career in law.
The programme is designed and delivered by our employability experts and future trainees who have recently successfully navigated the legal recruitment process. Participants in AS First will benefit from Aspiring Solicitors employability conferences, workshops and one-to-one mentoring/coaching.In addition to coaching, First members can apply for AS legal work experience and mentoring schemes at leading corporates firms including ASOS, Apple, Barclays, Channel 4, DHL, EDF, Farfetch, Facebook and others and secure a position on AS’ market-leading Aspire coaching programme.
We will hold virtual conferences focusing on:
- Essential information you need to master to succeed with law firm applications;
- Events with our partner law firms from February-April 2022;
- Legal work experience with our corporate partners; and
- A fast track onto our unique AS Aspire coaching scheme!
When is the programme?
To apply for this programme you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member who is either (i) in their first year of a three year undergraduate Law degree (ii) in their second year of a four year undergraduate Law degree, or (iii) in their penultimate year of a non-law degree;
- Want to pursue a legal career at a commercial law firm;
- be an Aspiring Solicitors member from one of our four underrepresented groups;
- You must not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team; and
- You must have an interest in pursuing a legal career at a commercial law firm.