AS Aspire is the leading UK coaching programme developed by former lawyers at leading UK law firms that will strengthen your applications and improve your chances of securing vacation schemes and training contracts.
- Bespoke employability workshops from AS coaches focusing on law firms’ end to end application processes
- Firm-specific mentoring schemes including: Black Aspiring Solicitors Scheme (BASS), Ethnic Minority, Social Mobility, STEM and Disability Schemes
- Corporate mentoring schemes: including leading law firms partnering with clients (often FTSE 100 companies) providing participants with in-house and private practice mentors
- Unique events and insight days with law firms
- 1-2-1 Mock interviews for those who reach assessment centre
- Application review
- Date: Apply by June 2022
Please check the below eligibility requirements carefully to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria to apply for Aspire.
Aspire 2022 is a leading, exclusive 4-month programme for selected Aspiring Solicitors members which includes the opportunity to attend bespoke AS firm events and careers/employability coaching from our expert legal coaching team. This includes the chance to benefit from career strategy sessions, mock interviews, CV and application review and assessment centre preparation, as well as the opportunity to attend specific firm open days and be mentored by one of our partner law firms or legal teams. Barclays Legal, Bristows, Freshfields, HSF, Mayer Brown, Reed Smith and Dentons (amongst others) will be providing mentoring opportunities for Aspire members.
AS Aspire members will be eligible for our leading coaching and mentoring programmes, some of our work experience programmes and the majority of firm insight/open days. Eligibility for employability appointments (including coaching appointments) will be decided on a case by case basis by the AS team.
Who can apply for AS Aspire 2022?
- You must be an Aspiring Solicitors member from one of our four underrepresented groups;
- You must not have accepted a training contract with any law firm or legal team;
- You must not have been on Aspire previously– candidates previously on Aspire are not eligible;
- You must be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme in the 2022/23 academic year. This means you will need to be one of: a penultimate and final year Law undergraduate, a final year non-Law undergraduate, a graduate of any degree, a postgraduate student (including GDL/LPC/LLM or other post graduate degrees), a career changer or someone who has completed a degree and is working.)
- Anyone who will be in their first year of a Law degree or first/second year of a non-Law degree in 2021/2022 is not eligible.
- You must have an interest in pursuing a legal career in the UK or Ireland;
- You must be resident in the UK or Ireland in the academic year 2022/2023;
- Ideally you will physically be present in the UK between September 2022 until January 2023 (to attend interviews and/or vacation schemes in person)
- You must have received ABB at A Level (or the international equivalent) (please note we genuinely take into account mitigating circumstances); and
- You must have received or be on target for at least a 2.1 degree classification (please note we take into account mitigating circumstances).
What is the application process?
- You will register your interest including eligibility criteria and diversity criteria via the Aspire Registration Form. Please note this is not the substantive application form; AS will review whether you are eligible and if so, we will send you the full Aspire registration form around 1 July 2022;
- If your application form is accepted, we will contact you in mid-July confirming next steps about Aspire.
Stage One – Register your interest and personal details: submit a short form registering your interest for Aspire including your personal details. This takes a few minutes only.
Stage Two – Application form: on/around 1 July 2022, eligible applicants will be sent the Aspire application form which will need to be completed within 10 days. All applicants will need to confirm their first year grades across all modules at the time of applying.
We would love to have you on the Aspire 2022 programme, if you meet the above eligibility criteria. If you do, please take a few moments to Register Your interest for Aspire 2022 now. Registrations of interest will be screened on a rolling basis so the sooner you register your interest, the better. Registrations of interest will close strictly on 30 June 2022, after which the Aspire application form will be sent to eligible members.
What will you still offer members who aren’t eligible for AS Aspire, or who aren’t accepted?
All Aspiring Solicitors members from one of our main underrepresented groups will be able to apply for the Commercial Awareness Competition, work experience opportunities, our Flagship diversity specific events (Ability, Culture, Social Mobility, Pride, Working Families and Women in Law), HeadStart Workshops and reach out to our Professional Ambassadors.