What We Do
We work with law firms and legal teams to provide events, mentoring, competitions, employability assistance and access to the legal profession. Since 2014, our diverse members have been offered over 1600+ training contracts and vacation schemes. To find out about how we can help you, please see Member Services.
By working with our members, and our supporting firms and legal teams, we will:
- Provide a free service to our members.
- Assist aspiring solicitors to achieve their potential (whilst managing expectations).
- Share knowledge.
- Collaborate positively (with universities and professionals).
- Develop the positive reputation of the legal profession.
The Aspiring Solicitors Goal
We have three long term goals:
- To provide free access, opportunity and assistance to students from underrepresented groups;
- To educate and inform the next generation of the legal profession about the importance of diversity; and
- To promote and encourage diversity from within the profession.
‘Diversity’ has a broad meaning and Aspiring Solicitors is committed to increasing diversity across all underrepresented groups in the profession. Aspiring Solicitors consider “underrepresented” groups to include aspiring solicitors who:
- are Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic; and/or
- are educated in a state school non-selective comprehensive (whether in the UK or overseas) and first generation to attend university; and/or
- are a refugee; and/or
- are from a low income household; and/or
- had free school meals from a state school non-selective comprehensive; and/or
- have spent more than 3 months in local authority care; and/or
- are disabled and/or who have and long term health conditions; and/or
- are LGBT+.