What We Do
As of August 2017, we work with over 26 law firms and legal teams to provide events, mentoring, competitions, employability assistance and access to the legal profession. In the past 24 months, our members have been offered over 260 training contracts and over 650 vacation schemes. To find out about how we can help you, please see Member Services.
By working with our members, and our supporting firms and legal teams, we will:
- Provide a free service to our members.
- Assist aspiring solicitors to achieve their potential (whilst managing expectations).
- Share knowledge.
- Collaborate positively (with universities and professionals).
- Develop the positive reputation of the legal profession.
The Aspiring Solicitors Goal
We have three long term goals:
- To provide free access, opportunity and assistance to students from underrepresented groups;
- To educate and inform the next generation of the legal profession about the importance of diversity; and
- To promote and encourage diversity from within the profession.
‘Diversity’ has a broad meaning and Aspiring Solicitors is committed to increasing diversity across all underrepresented groups in the profession. Aspiring Solicitors consider “underrepresented” groups to include aspiring solicitors who are:
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic; and/or
- At least two of the following: a primary carer; from low income families, state school educated (whether in the UK or overseas), first generation to attend university, refugees and those who have been in local authority care; and/or
- Disabled and/or who have and long term health conditions; and/or