Aspiring Solicitors is delighted to be partnering with Weil to deliver a mentoring scheme for 10 Black Aspiring Solicitors members.
Weil’s London office is a leading player in the UK legal market and is consistently regarded as one of the most successful London offices of a US-based law firm. The firm supports a varied client base of European, US and global private equity houses, corporates and financial institutions on domestic and cross-border matters.
The mentoring scheme will run from 7 July to 9 August 2021 and is open to law and non-law students (per the eligibility criteria below).
Participants on the scheme will benefit from the invaluable opportunity of receiving mentoring advice from Weil’s lawyers, which will take the form of one-to-one sessions covering a range of topics. You’ll participate in several workshops providing you with application and interview tips and advice on converting a vacation scheme into a training contract. You’ll also have the chance to find out more about Weil and why diversity and inclusion is important to the firm.
To be eligible for this mentoring scheme, you must:
- Be an Aspiring Solicitors member and be of Black or mixed Black heritage;
- Have secured AAB at A-Level and be on track to receive or have obtained a 2.1 in your degree (taking into account mitigating circumstances);
- Be either a first-year law undergraduate (3-year course), second-year law undergraduate (4-year course) or a penultimate year non-law undergraduate;
- Have a strong interest in becoming a commercial lawyer with a global law firm;
- Not have previously participated in a Weil work placement or training contract interview; and
- Not have secured a training contract.
The deadline to apply is 5pm Sunday 13 June 2021.
The mentoring scheme will be delivered virtually.