Aspiring Solicitors is delighted to be partnering with leading renewable energy company, EDF Renewables UK, to launch an exciting new mentoring scheme for selected Aspiring Solicitors Members.
The purpose of the scheme is to help improve diversity in the legal sector.
Participants on the mentoring scheme will benefit from the invaluable opportunity of receiving bespoke mentoring from a member of the in-house legal department or wider team at EDF Renewables UK where the goal is to combat climate change.
Everyone at EDF Renewables UK is passionate about creating a net zero future where clean energy powers our lives. The company is busy developing, building, operating and maintaining innovative wind, solar and battery storage projects. There is a rapidly expanding portfolio across Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland. There are 37 sites already and the plan is to build five times that to help these countries reach their ambitious low carbon targets.
To be eligible for this mentoring scheme you must:
- have an interest in pursuing a career as a commercial lawyer;
- be an Aspiring Solicitors Member from at least one of our underrepresented groups (please see https://www.aspiringsolicitors.co.uk/about-as/);
- NOT have already secured a training contract; AND
- normally reside in one of the following regions Edinburgh/Glasgow/Newcastle/Durham/Teeside/London.
Please note there are no minimum grade requirements, and all undergraduates and graduates are welcome to apply for this Scheme.
The deadline to apply is Sunday 6th June 2021 at 6pm.
- Dates: 21st June-13th August 2021 (session times and dates to be agreed between individual participants and their mentors)
- Total number of places: 13
- Participation: virtual mentoring sessions
- Time commitment: 4 sessions of 45-60 minutes, plus 3 workshops
- Expenses: As the scheme is virtual, we do not envisage participants will incur any expenses in order to participate
Should you secure a place, you’ll benefit from bespoke mentoring from a member of the EDF Renewables UK legal team and wider departments.
The online application is available through Aspiring Solicitors by clicking this link.