Aspiring Solicitors is delighted to offer Aspiring Solicitors Members who are interested in pursuing a career with the Government Legal Service (GLS) a place on the GLS diversity vacation scheme which takes place from 6th-10th July 2015.
2 Aspiring Solicitors Members will be offered places. The GLS diversity vacation scheme is an ideal opportunity to gain a real insight into the work of the GLS and will comprise the following activities;
- Litigation Workshop in which you will work as government lawyers acting in a judicial review case;
- Bill Workshop in which you will work as lawyers in ‘departments’ seeking to introduce a new government Bill;
- Tours of Parliament and the Supreme Court; and
- Opportunity to meet a large number of GLS lawyers, including current trainees.
You will get to spend time in a number of Government departments.
- You must have attended a state school and be the first member of your immediate family to have gone to university.
- You must be an Aspiring Solicitors Member.
- Any year, law or non-law (including GDL and LPC students and graduates)
- Whilst there is no minimum grade criteria to apply for the vacation scheme, to be eligible to apply to for a training contract or pupilage you must have secured at least a 2:2 in your degree.
How do I apply?
Unfortunately, all places on this event have now been filled.
When is the deadline to apply?
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Expenses of up to £50 will be paid by the GLS to attend the work placement and this may be greater depending upon individual circumstances.
We look forward to receiving your applications.