The application process for the Barclays work experience will be posted shortly. We apologies for the delay in posting this which is due to extremly large volumes of people accessing the site.
Barclays is pleased to announce that its UK Legal function will be hosting 2 one week work experience placements during the weeks commencing 30 June and 7 July 2014.
- All applicants must be registered Aspiring Solicitors members. To become a registered member please click here.
- The scheme is open to second year and onward undergraduates or graduates of any UK university.
- Applicants must be on course for, or have achieved a 2:1 in their degree – whether law or non-law.
- Applicants must have a firm interest in pursuing a legal career.
What will the scheme include?
Up to fifty places, across the whole two weeks, are available for applications received from members of Aspiring Solicitors. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Experience life in a leading in-house financial services legal function through work shadowing;
- Develop important employability skills and discover what clients expect from their advisers;
- Gain practical experience of key legal skills;
- Participate in seminars and panel discussions about a legal career and the increasing importance of diversity in the profession; and
- Meet lawyers and non-lawyers from both Barclays and some of Barclays’ key law firm partners through networking opportunities.
When can I apply?
- Applications for the scheme will open at 9am on Monday 7th April 2014.
- Please note that applications will be considered on a first come first served basis.
How do I apply?
To apply, applicants will need to visit the Aspiring Solicitors homepage (www.aspiringsolicitors.co.uk) after 9am on Monday 7th April 2014 (where application instructions will be provided).
Applicants will need to:
- Submit a CV and application form; and
- Complete an online verbal reasoning test.
How do I know if I am successful?
Based on the results of the verbal reasoning test, a sub-set of applicants will be invited to complete a second online test via email. A shortlist of applicants will be drawn up on the basis of the results of the second online test and consideration of the application form and CV. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a short telephone interview. Following the telephone interview, final places will be offered.
Email applications are strongly advised, although postal applications will be accepted if addressed to Krysta Campbell, Barclays Bank PLC, Level 29, 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
When is the closing date for applications?
- Applications must be received by 5pm on Monday 21st April.
- Barclays reserves the right to close the application process before this time if large numbers of applications are received before then.
- Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 9th May with joining instructions and further details of the week.
Further InformationThe work experience placements will not be paid, however Barclays will cover reasonable travel expenses to and from London for those travelling from outside the M25.
The scheme will be based in London, although some participants will have the opportunity to experience work shadowing at Barclays’ legal offices outside London during the week.
Lunches will be provided, but candidates will need to arrange their own accommodation and morning and evening meals.
Thank you for your interest in the Barclays Legal Work Experience Weeks, and good luck with your applications.